2016 Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Fact Sheet
What: Morgan’s 37th Annual Little Miami Triathlon Series
Dates: June 5 and October 2, 2016
Where: Morgan’s Canoe & Outdoor Center at Fort Ancient
Contact: Gary Morgan, Race Director: email@example.com
- Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Series is the largest Triathlon of it’s type in the United States
- The Triathlons draw over one thousand participants for each event from over 25 states
- Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon is comprised of a 6 mile canoe, 5.5 mile run, and an 18 mile bike race in that order
- The Triathlon is a two person team competition (each team is comprised of 2 people)
- Morgan’s is the oldest Triathlon in the United States being modeled one year after the first Iron Man Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii in 1979
- The Triathlons benefit the Cincinnati Association for the Blind by sponsoring an annual guided raft tour and dinner. It also benefits various Boy Scout Troops of the area and Cancer Free Kids.
- The Kayak Division is designed for those who wish to race individually without a partner. Participants in the Kayak Division can bring their own or use a Morgan Kayak, the price is the same.
- In the Walking Division, you are still a two person team, but one or both participants can walk and be timed with other walkers.
NEW! We have a brand new Half Triathlon this year. All of the same divisions are available for the Half Triathlon.