2013 Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Fact Sheet
What: Morgan’s 34th Annual Little Miami Triathlon Series Presented by Baker Concrete Construction
Dates: June 2 and October 6, 2013
Where: Morgan’s Canoe & Outdoor Center at Fort Ancient
Contact: Gary Morgan, Race Director: 513-321-3123
- Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon Series is the largest Triathlon of it’s type in the United States
- The Triathlons draw over one thousand participants for each event from over 25 states
- Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon is comprised of a 6 mile canoe, 5.5 mile run, and an 18 mile bike race in that order
- The Triathlon is a two person team competition (each team is comprised of 2 people)
- Morgan’s is the oldest Triathlon in the United States being modeled one year after the first Iron Man Triathlon in Kona, Hawaii in 1979
- The 2008 Sponsors included: Baker Concrete Construction is the Presenting Sponsor; other sponsors include Contemporary Cabinetry East, Orthopedic Physical Therapy & Associates, and Sharefax Credit Union Inc.
- The Triathlons benefit the Cincinnati Association for the Blind by sponsoring an annual guided raft tour and dinner. It also benefits various Boy Scout Troops of the area.
AGAIN THIS YEAR! We have a single person kayak division, and a walking division. The Kayak Division is designed for those who wish to race individually without a partner. Participants in the Kayak Division can bring their own or use a Morgan kayak, the price is the same. There are two Kayak Divsions - Kayak Walk and Kayak Run.
In the walking division, you are still a two person team, but one or both participants can walk and be timed with other walkers. We hope these new divisions will enable Morgan’s Little Miami Triathlon to be a more versitile event for all involved.
There is now a Run/Walk Division, where one runs and one walks.